• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Their Holding My Lein Hostage! Can They?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adam531982

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin.

I have a car loan right now. My savings account at the credit union is also $69.00 negative. I told them I was going to pay off the car in two weeks. Today I got a letter from them stating that they will not release the lein until my negative balance is brought up. I have every intention of bringing the balance up again, but it's the point behind it that bothers me. I wouldn't think they would be allowed to do this because the loan was written for a set amount (as in, it's not a line of credit) so the payoff amount can't have things added into it that I didn't originally agree on. If anyone can tell me if I'm right or wrong I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">