• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They published my home phone number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dwiggie

Kaiser Permanente published my home phone number in their new Patient Guidebook. About four months ago I began receiving phone calls from Kaiser patients trying to reach the orthopedic department. After a number of complaints from myself and the Kaiser patients the calls dwindled to a few a week. That is until the first part of June when the new guidebook was mailed out. Yep---our home phone number was listed for the orthopedic department, and I am once again receiving several calls a day. Most of the departments at this local Kaiser have phone numbers with a 510 prefix and so do I. However the orthopedic department's phone number has a 591 prefix. I believe someone in the chain of publishing "assumed" the 591 was incorrect and used 510 instead. I pay the phone company extra every month to have a unlisted phone number, and I feel I should be compensated for my time and inconvenience. I do answer the Kaiser calls, and provide the people with an explanation and correct phone number. And twice when messages were left by patients out of state to cancel their appointments, I called Kaiser and did it for them. So any thoughts on this would really be appreciated. Thanks.SoWhat is the name of your state?California

You can ask for a credit on your phone bill for the inconvenience.
Btw.....that was very nice of you to assist the misdirected customers. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">