• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They refunded my money, do I still owe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevinc531

What is the name of your state? california
I ordered a stereo over the internet for christmas. it did not arrive and the day after christmasI received an email stating that it was damaged in the warehouse and that they would not be able to ship and that my money was refunded. I ordered another one from a different site. In the meantime, I received the product from the original vendor with no notification. Now they have discovered their error and are requesting payment or theatening me with mail fraud. I have since received and payed for the product from the second vendor. Am I now responsible for payment of the first, particularly, since I already gave the gift out thinking it was from the second vendor?

L

loku

Don’t worry about mail fraud—that is very difficult for them to prove. But you did receive the merchandise and you therefore are liable for payment on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">