• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third Party car sale dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JohnE

I live in IL. I bought a 1967 Mustang on Ebay. The owner described the car as "well maintained". Upon p/u the car the owner advised the car was garaged it's entire life. I drove the car and determined the car would need brakes and some body work. I brought the car home and had my mechanic look at it. He called to advised that the car was in very bad shape: fuel/brake lines rusted out, serious body rust underneath, etc. I called the owner and advised him of the situation and he agreed to take the car back and refund my money. When I called him to advise of when I was bringing the car back, he wanted to renegoiate the deal. I told him how much I was will to pay and he said he would call me back. When he called back he said I bought it under "buyer beware" and was not going to refund or re do the deal at all. My question is does the conversation and oral agreements after the sale override the orginal agreement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">