• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third-party contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrblahman

What is the name of your state? PA

Third-party contract

I'm studying law, and thought this would be a good place to ask this question.
There is a case where the city signed a contract with a guy to do the street cleaning in a certain area for a period of 5 years. The street cleaner performed his task for 2 years and after the second year conveyed his interest in said contract to another person. When the city found out about this the contract was discharged and refused to permit the new employee to perform the street cleaning task. The new employee then brought a lawsuit against the city. can he recover?

BelizeBreeze

mrblahman said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Third-party contract

I'm studying law, and thought this would be a good place to ask this question.
There is a case where the city signed a contract with a guy to do the street cleaning in a certain area for a period of 5 years. The street cleaner performed his task for 2 years and after the second year conveyed his interest in said contract to another person. When the city found out about this the contract was discharged and refused to permit the new employee to perform the street cleaning task. The new employee then brought a lawsuit against the city. can he recover?
Although we normally DON'T do homework, since you were upfront I'll answer. There is no way that anyone here (at least anyone with intelligence) can answer such a question without a full review of the contract. Although most such contracts have reassignment clauses, the answer depends entirely upon the specific terms of this specific contract.

So, If this is a class assignment, you'll need to completely read the contract. If one is not available, then you'll have to answer the question based on both views, that such a clause exists and doesn't exist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">