• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third party problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swp29

I am a texas resident and i am 22 years old. I live right next to Oklahoma and this girl(a sister to one of my friends) came to me and Offered me a car for 5,000. She promised me that the car was in mint condition. The odometer showed only 45,000 miles. Her only condition was that i pay the car in full because she was leaving town. One thing led to another and after borrowing some money and using up all my savings, i payed her in full. She gave me the keys and sure enough the next day she was gone.

The mechanic later told me that someone had played with the odometor and the car had well over 100,000 miles on it. This girl lives in Oklahoma and over the phone she claims that she got the car from a third party and that she should not be responsible for a third parties actions. Furthermore, i have also found that she has done the same thing to about four or five other people. The third party is no where to be found. Is she right about the third party thing? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">