• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat from merchant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxfloat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I have been threatened by a merchant to whom I disputed a portion of a credit card charge for services rendered, which were later than promised. The threats consisted of the following:

Can I be charged with a felony of internet fraud against a senior citizen?
Can I have my property have a lien placed on it and taken?
Can I have the debt sent to a collection agency?

The merchant lives in another state.
I would appreciate all advice of how to handle this situation.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I have been threatened by a merchant to whom I disputed a portion of a credit card charge for services rendered, which were later than promised. The threats consisted of the following:

Can I be charged with a felony of internet fraud against a senior citizen?
Can I have my property have a lien placed on it and taken?
Can I have the debt sent to a collection agency?

The merchant lives in another state.
I would appreciate all advice of how to handle this situation.
Refuse to speak to the merchant. Speak only to your credit card company. In fact, I would call my credit card company, and I would also call VISA or MC to inform them of this merchant's threats.

I've seen a merchant's ability to process revoked for violating their merchant agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">