• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threating Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wejeep

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Ill try this one last time for some help on this. last november i sold a car to a guy in another state. he did pay for the car right off, but the didnt contact me for 2 months afterwards. after i contacted him in january, he said he had surgery and would be contacting a shipper to pick it up now(then). I waited another 5 months with no contact. So I sent him a email demanding pick up with in 10 days of reciept. still no contact. I finally last week got rid of the car, and low and behold he calls 2 days later wanting to get the car. I told him what happened, and he flipped out calling me a fruad and a thef. demanding his money and threating to sue me. never once saying he is sorry for leaving me to take care of the car for 8 months. he says he has reported me to the auto theft department in my state and has reported me to a national fruad company, what ever that is. to smooth things over i told him i would see about getting the car back, but he is still pushing all the other things.
what can i do here? i didnt know i was responsable for keeping this thing forever.
would it be considered auto theft? what can he really do to me over this?
should I consider getting a lawyer involved?

please any help would be great!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">