• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats by MSN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jscaringi

maryland

approximately 1 year ago i signed up for an MSN offer through best buy - 2 years of service for a $200 rebate towards a best buy purchase. when i attempted to log on to get service, i ended up with two accounts and no service. i was double billed on my credit card for at least 2 months and could not log on to the msn internet. i spent one week trying to call msn to correct the problem but their voice response system did not work! i have an audio tape of futile attempts to contact msn. after one frustrating week of not being able to resolve the situation, i asked my credit card service for help. the citibank customer service rep was gracious enough to try to contact msn to resolve the situation. she called me back after one unsuccessful week of trying to contact msn - she could not help me. so, since i could not get any service from msn, and they were billing me for two accounts each month, i asked her to cancel my credit card and issue me a new one. now, a year later, in a letter dated july 10, 2001, msn says, "despite our numerous attempts to contact you..." i have never received any communication from them the entire year! - and they are threatening me that if i do not pay them $322.67 they will turn me over to a collection agency. at this point i am so mad i won't pay them a cent no matter what - but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

L

lawrat

Department of consumer affairs, better business bureau OR file a lawsuit for deceptive billing practices. For the last one you will need a lawyer. http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">