• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

timeshare contract--can't afford the maintenance dues!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msufiance

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My ex-husband and I made the mistake of purchasing a ILX Resorts timeshare back in '96, at the Varsity Clubs of America resort in South Bend, IN. We have been divorced since '98, and I was stuck with the timeshare. It is totally paid for, but has maintenance dues every other year that keep rising and I can't afford them, have not been able to sell the timeshare myself, and would give it away or give it back to ILX if there was someway to do so. I originally pd. over $6000 for this timeshare, and pay about $400 every other year in maintenance fees and have NEVER used the timeshare. I now live in GA. What can I do to get out from under this??? Everyone who sells timeshares seems to want hundreds of dollars up front to even list one. I can't afford this. Is there any way I can "donate" this to get rid of it? This timeshare is killing me and I've never received any benefit from it at all, only money down the drain. HELP!!!

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">