• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare floating or fixed?????? Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smith7

What is the name of your state (AZ)?

I have a timeshare that was transferred to me by my grandmother, originally purchased by my late mother.

The agreement states

NOW THESE PRESENTS WITTNESSETH that in consideration of the payment of ZERO DOLLARS and/or other good and valuable consideration (the sufficiency and receipt whereof the Transferor hereby acknowledges) now paid by the Transferee to the Transferor, the Transferor HEREBY transfers or assigns ALL THAT right, title, benefit and interest in membership agreement applicable to WEEK NO. 52 IN SUITE NO. 1035 (W), SUITE TYPE: TWO BEDROOM, TOGETHER WITH the right to receive the occupancy and user rights arising thereunder to the Transferee absolutely, SUBJECT always to the continued observance of all obligations (including the "Terms and conditions" set out in the Membership Agreement and "The Membership Rules and Regulations" of ISLAND SEAS with such modifications as may be made) entered into by The Transferor and ISLAND SEAS and the payment of maintenance fees, membership fees, membership dues (including dues to RCI and II). All transfer fees, new registration fees and legal fees are payable by the Transferor.

I have been told by Island Seas that this is a floating week and we are not guaranteed week no 52.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something or if this is accurate. The agreement is only 1 page saying nothing about floating, the rules and regulations says nothing about the actual agreement, just rules for when staying at the resort.

Our issue is we deposit this every year with RCI and vacation elsewhere, however our week is far more valuable to trade than others and we don't want to lose that value upon trading.

Dave1952

I think your best bet is to ask Island Seas. There are clearly lots of documents that you have not shared with us. You may not have a set of the current rules. No way that I can tell whether you "own" a special week or just a random week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">