• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare what's money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jsnfltn

What is the name of your state? Indiana

First I just want to say that this is my first time at this site and I think this site is great.

OK, about 2 years ago my wife and I went to Gatlinburg and goit sucked on to attend Westgate timeshare meeting. I said no and got into a argument with the sales guy. Then him and another person offered us a different packaged. $600 and a week stay at their resort and 50% off of cruises for I think 3 years. We also declined because I was so mad at them. I just wanted my money for attending ($120). They said you have to sign here and if you change your mind within the next 6 months the offer still stands. I sign without reading to get out of there.
I received one phone call a year later about my payments I was not making (did not know I bought anything). I explained to them what happened, and I supervisor was suppose to call me back, they never did. Now I collection agency is trying to collect $941.40.
I do not have a copy of the contact and had asked Westgate for a copy and they refused to send me one, the guy from the collection refused as will, but after several phone calls they are suppose to send me one.

If I did sign this can I get out of it? Do they still have to offer me what's in the contact? Does this fall under duress?

Any help would be great, like I said I think this site is awesome.

Thanks

J

jsnfltn

If anyone can help me with this that would be great, PLEASE!!!.

I just talked to the timeshare place (not the collection agency) and the amount is $695 but the interest and late fees are $971. I never received a bill, notice or anything until last week this goes back to what I was saying about me not knowing that I even purchased anything.

Please help, I can not afford this, new baby just arrived.

Thanks

djohnson

You knew when you signed you were getting into something. You just wanted your money so agreed. You should have canceled in the first six months as was offered. It is too late at this point to argue the contract, you are going to owe it and if it said collection costs and interest, you will owe that as well. They have to validate the claim though so don't do anything until you get a copy of the signed contract. Then read it and see what it says. You will be bound by that agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">