• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timing of contract signing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HopeT

I am in Virginia.

I have recently agreed to purchase property from a company. I signed the purchase contract, which had not yet been signed by the seller, and wrote a check two days ago, and then mailed both items yesterday. I assume they will receive that today. Between the time when I sent the contract and now, the company damaged the property. What are my legal rights?

LdiJ

Basically, several times, that they are not responsible for the condition of the merchandise, that it's as-is. :(

They broke it, intentionally, after I signed and before they did.
How do you know this?

HopeT

How do you know this?
Which part?

I know that they broke it yesterday because there is a witness to that event, and it was not broken yesterday morning. However, this morning it was broken. Also, they have verbally acknowledged their actions this morning.

I sent them an email stating that I am revoking our deal, and that I have issued a stop payment on the check I wrote to them.

STEPHAN

And how do you know they intentionally broke it?

It may have been your at the time they broke it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">