• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rweekley31

I had gotten a title loan and was two months late on payments. It was towed while I was at work. Two days later I went and caught up my payments and gave them an extra 500. They called the toe company and verified they had got the fax they needed to release the vehicle. They said they received it.. I had to wait until the next day to go pick it up because I had to go to work. The next day I was told that they sent it to an auction.. And that it wasn't supposed to go to the auction.. The auction is now trying to make me pay storage fees for my vehicle sitting on their lot.. I lost money because I could not pick up my truck after I paid what I owed.. Can I receive compensation from somebody for their mistake.. That led me to miss more work after I payed?

OHRoadwarrior

Storage fees are a fact of life. We cannot asses the validity of the fees. I would contact your lender and ask them to intervene. They can likely get farther with a business partner than the debtor.

FlyingRon

We might be able to give a little better pointer as to what to to do if you had bothered to answer the question about what state this took place in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">