• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title pawn repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjshuman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I title pawned a truck 4 years ago. i paid on it for 3 years faithfully every month. I could no longer continue to pay the note due to economics. I contacted the company and told them that I could no longer pay the note and they would have to send a flat bed truck to pick the truck up, because the motor was shot. (BUT I WAS STILL PAYING ON IT EVEN THOUGH THE MOTOR WAS BAD) It has been an entire year and they company has not taken possession of the truck, nor have they contacted me be phone or mail. They have all of my information. My question. Can I try to claim it as an abandonded vehicle and get the title back in my name, or if they try to fight me on this, can I cahrge them the $5-$10 a day strorage fees that they charge their customers?

Hot Topic

Storage fees can be charged only if included in the contract. You can't just decide to charge them because you feel inconvenienced.

How hard have you tried to reach them? Have you sent them a registered letter, return receipt requested? How often have you called? Do you have the date, time and the name of the person(s) you've talked to?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I title pawned a truck 4 years ago. i paid on it for 3 years faithfully every month. I could no longer continue to pay the note due to economics. I contacted the company and told them that I could no longer pay the note and they would have to send a flat bed truck to pick the truck up, because the motor was shot. (BUT I WAS STILL PAYING ON IT EVEN THOUGH THE MOTOR WAS BAD) It has been an entire year and they company has not taken possession of the truck, nor have they contacted me be phone or mail. They have all of my information. My question. Can I try to claim it as an abandonded vehicle and get the title back in my name, or if they try to fight me on this, can I cahrge them the $5-$10 a day strorage fees that they charge their customers?
Why don't you have it towed to their lot. Easy peasy:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">