• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

told me to write a post dated checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ombudsperson52

What is the name of your state? California

I have been under at great deal of pressure for the past two years that I had to file bankruptcy, which I was granted in May of 2002. While waiting for my doctor's appointment I went to a car dealership just to see that cars and a saleman came up to me and once he found out my bankruptcy was final he really put the pressure on me that he even told me to write two postdated checks for the down-payment. I even told him that I would not have enough in there for them to clear and he told me that the car dealership would work with me, and when the checks bounced they really did not try to work with me they took me to small claims court and of course I lost, and am not worried on what is my next step, or should I try and get a loan to pay them off? DO I have any chance? I really feel like they took advantage of me. What shall I do???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ombudsperson52 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have been under at great deal of pressure for the past two years that I had to file bankruptcy, which I was granted in May of 2002. While waiting for my doctor's appointment I went to a car dealership just to see that cars and a saleman came up to me and once he found out my bankruptcy was final he really put the pressure on me that he even told me to write two postdated checks for the down-payment. I even told him that I would not have enough in there for them to clear and he told me that the car dealership would work with me, and when the checks bounced they really did not try to work with me they took me to small claims court and of course I lost, and am not worried on what is my next step, or should I try and get a loan to pay them off? DO I have any chance? I really feel like they took advantage of me. What shall I do???

My response:

You're not really from California. Californians don't do what you did.

You're really from Kentucky or Tennessee, aren't you?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">