• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trade-In Not Credited to Auto Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hitwoman

I am in Washington State. In May 2000 my husband and I signed a Lease contract for a new vehicle. While recently reviewing the paperwork, I discovered that we were never credited the $4000.00 for our trade-in on the Credit Corporation Lease Agreement. (Under "Net Trade In Value" it says "N/A", and under "Capitalized Cost Reduction", our trade-in is not mentioned. (Upon signing, we asked the fiance guy about it and he just said somthing to the effect of "it is worked into the deal, payments,etc.".

Since it's been about 10 months, is it too late to change the contract or get a check from the dealership for reimbursement? I have tried to contact the dealer, but they are always "too swamped" to talk.

I have been reading up on the scams that dealerships can do, and I think we GOT SCREWED! Someone please help.

L

loku

Credit for trade-in

If they committed fraud, which is possible from what you say, then it is not to late to remedy this. First ask them for an itemized report, showing how the $4,000 was applied to the deal. If they do not give you one, then send them a demand for the $4,000. Send both requests by registered mail, return requested. If they do not respond, one thing you could do is have an attorney write them a letter. If that does not work, or if you do not want to do that, it sounds like you have a good case for small claims against them.

Another alternative would be to file a complaint with the Washington State Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division, Consumer Resource Center at http://www.wa.gov/ago/consumer/forms/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">