• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trade In Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A13BDUDE

TEXAS-I recently traded in a non-running 97 grand am on a new 2002 kia spectra at a new car dealership. The dealership agreed to pay $3,300 out of the $4,800 that I still owed on the grand am leaving me with $1,500 to pay. I was told by another dealer that this may be illeagal since they took the trade-in. Any suggestions?

B

badtenant

What is your question?

you and the dealership made a deal...its in writing that you will pay the $1500 and they will pay $3300.

A

A13BDUDE

my question is: Is it illegal for the dealership to take a trade-in without fully paying off the grand am?

B

badtenant

i dont see what illegal. You owed $4800, the dealer would not give you that much for the car, so you have to pay the difference.

As long as the loan gets paid off, the loan company does not care who pays it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">