• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transmission work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joysgirl2

What is the name of your state? NC

I took my Mazda to a transmission shop on Dec. 15, to have the transmission rebuilt. I was given the price and told the car would be ready in 4-5 day. It took 3 weeks.

Since this time, the car has been back in their shop 5 times for a total of 59 days. They have it now, and have had it for 13 days and I just called and its still not ready.

When is enough, enough and what are my options. Apparently, they didn't do it right the first through the fourth time, and they only work on it in their spare time. Otherwise, I would have it back by now.

Do I have any legal recourse?

Thanks, Gail

joysgirl2

Transmission Work

Thank you. I understand what you are saying. I called the transmission shop today, and told them that if my car was not ready by 4 p.m. tomorrow I would have a tow truck there to remove it. I also intend to send them a bill for my time (ie. the 59 days I have been stuck at home with no transportation).

I have one more question. Each of the past four times it has been in the shop they refuse to give me anything in writing showing what has been done. Nor, will they extend the 6000 mile warranty the transmission came with even though, it was their screw-ups that caused the problems.

Again, thank you for your response.
Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">