• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

travel agent fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lee5672

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I paid a travel agency - Serenity Travel a sum of $3331.00 dollars to book a
trip for Mexico for me and my husbands 20th year anniversary. the agency took the money, supposedly booked the trip, sent us a receipt saying that the
trip was paid in full along with the itinerary. We have the cancelled check made out the agency. We did not receive travel documents. Trip is to occur on august 3,2005. Called the airlines and hotel to verify-received word that
a trip was originally booked but was cancelled because the agency did not
send the money to complete the transaction. Result- the travel agency took the money from us but did not book the trip. Currently, we have no trip booked at all. Have made several attempts to call the agency without response. what are our options? We need to get our money back since we
have no trip booked. :mad:

divgradcurl

lee5672 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I paid a travel agency - Serenity Travel a sum of $3331.00 dollars to book a
trip for Mexico for me and my husbands 20th year anniversary. the agency took the money, supposedly booked the trip, sent us a receipt saying that the
trip was paid in full along with the itinerary. We have the cancelled check made out the agency. We did not receive travel documents. Trip is to occur on august 3,2005. Called the airlines and hotel to verify-received word that
a trip was originally booked but was cancelled because the agency did not
send the money to complete the transaction. Result- the travel agency took the money from us but did not book the trip. Currently, we have no trip booked at all. Have made several attempts to call the agency without response. what are our options? We need to get our money back since we
have no trip booked. :mad:
If they are unwilling to give the money back, you'll probably need to sue them in small claims court. You might want to try and do some investigating -- if the travel agency has filed for bankruptcy, you'll need to file a claim swith their bankruptcy trustee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">