• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travelocity Robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zooxmusic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I booked a flight for December with Travelocity last July. I had to cancel the flight in October and they said they would issue me a credit minus $150 change fee. Last week I tried to apply that credit to a new flight and from somewhere there was an extra $30 "service fee" in addition to the $150 that was not stated anywhere in any of the documents that I agreed to (or so I think). After this I was left with a credit for $48.30 of which Travelocity is FORCING me to pay them another $29.95 to ship me the voucher using FedEx. I checked prices that I would get from FedEx and an overnight package would come close to this but Travelocity isn't even sending it overnight. And they must get better pricing than me. What can I do?

I would gladly pay 85 cents for delivery confirmation with USPS to cover their butts but they are robbing me of another 29.10 because they MUST ship FedEx

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I booked a flight in December with Travelocity last July. I had to cancel the flight in October and they said they would issue me a credit minus $150 change fee. Last week I tried to apply that credit to a new flight and from somewhere there was an extra $30 "service fee" in addition to the $150 that was not stated anywhere in any of the documents that I agreed to (or so I think). After this I was left with a credit for $48.30 of which Travelocity is FORCING me to pay them another $29.95 to ship me the voucher using FedEx. I checked prices that I would get from FedEx and an overnight package would come close to this but Travelocity isn't even sending it overnight. And they must get better pricing than me. What can I do?
What does your agreement with Travelocity give you in the way of remedy for a dispute?

zooxmusic

Thanks for the quick reply Zigner, I am reading through their terms and conditions now and nothing is jumping out as to figure that out. Where should I look?

zooxmusic

Sorry, The "voucher" is the credit that is left over. They are calling it a "voucher" that will be good for future travel. It is not a check, it is a $48.30 travel credit to be used with Continental or Travelocity within the next year.

zooxmusic

Redacted

Wow, I contacted the VP of customer service at Travelocity and "as a courtesy" they are going to refund the $30 fee AND the $29.95

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">