• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trick into buying a car and now all repair fees are on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xiao_8990

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Okay so the story goes like this:

i recently bought a 2006 infiniti g35x and i found out the something didn't feel right so i went to the infiniti dealer to get the car checked out. the manager told me that the car had a lot of fixing to do, but i only had the car for about 2 days! before i bought the car i let the dealer Mr. X know that the alignment is messed up cause the car kept on tilting to the right. Mr. X then showed me the car history and how the car pass the exam with a 97%. Furthermore, because alignment is considered a small issue the company is not going to fix it. He told me that alignment only cost about 100 dollars so i thought okay fine i'll pay for it, but now the infiniti manager said there is a bent to the suspension, the car needs to renew the compression and all those stuff, the total came out to close to $2000! I called Mr. X immediately and let him in on the whole situation but he said that i signed the contract so they are not going to pay for ANY of it. i just paid 20g for the car and im not willing to pay another 2000 when the damage wasn't even done by me!

Is there anyway i can have Mr. X and his company for selling me a falsifiable car? I feel like I got tricked into buying the car. I feel SCAM! =[

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Did you have the car checked out by a trusted mechanic before you purchased it? If not, welcome to the joys of used car ownership.

xiao_8990

i bought it from a dealer! shouldnt they check everything before they sell a car out?! i mean he did show me the "report card" of the car and it have a 97%...! so i thought okay nothing much is wrong with the car besides the alignment like Mr. X said! >.<"!

Andy0192

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Okay so the story goes like this: i signed the contract so they are not going to pay for ANY of it. i just paid 20g for the car and im not willing to pay another 2000 when the damage wasn't even done by me!
You just got a 20,000 dollar education. Don't buy used vehicles without having an independent mechanic check the car out.

No matter what the salesperson TOLD you, the written paperwork is your only guarantee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">