• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tricky situation with plumbing service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myfrienddith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I hired a handyman plumber to fix a ceiling leak. He fixed it, and patched the hole made to detect the leak. However, about 10 days later, another leak was detected near the repair spot.

The handyman came by and made another hole and told me he could not find where another leak is so he left the hole unpatched asking me to keep an eye, and call him when I detect the leak.

Since, he made a "verbal" warranty over his labor, he knows that he's not getting paid for this, so he's very reluctant in returning my call and most times he doesn't answer. I paid him $1000 for the initial repair. He has agreed to come by one more time, and he says if he doesn't see the leak, then there's nothing he can do and he's out of the situation.

I intend to take a picture when I find the leak. Now, I can think of two possible explanation for this 2nd leak that happened after the repair of 1st leak. 1) He damaged something near the repair spot 2) He did not detect the another source of leak when he made the initial repair.

He's not a State license plumber even though he says he is. My question: if he does not fix the 2nd repair to my satisfaction, what recourse do I have? Can this warrant further actions? What would be a best thing to do to get it fixed to my satisfaction or to get $1000 back?

I have detected where the 2nd leak is, but he will believe only if he can see it with his eyes. (This 2nd leak had cracked the ceiling in the 1st place which is why he made 2nd hole in the ceiling)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">