• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dcote

my wife and I had this mess dumped into our laps today and are at a loss as to what we can do. in 1998 we cosigned a car loan for my wife's son, we just found out the finance company is getting ready to repo the truck. the problem is her son had no insurance on the vehicle.we called to make payment arrangements and the said they recieved notice on march 8 the insurance was cancelled,my wife asked them why they had not notified us and got no response. the truck was wrecked on memorial day week-end and was totalled. i called the wrecker service today and was told they considered the truck abandoned they have sent registered letters to all parties involved including the finance company. we want to make payment arrangements without getting sued as we don't have the money to pay the truck off. my step son has disappeared so this is now our mess the truck is in texas and the loan was signed in texas. we now live in maine. p.s the finance company will not make arrangements without the truck having insurance on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">