• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

burleyville

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
I purchased a used light truck from a dealership. It has a conditional contract until the lending institution completes the transaction. In this conditional contract it states that if the lending insitution does not agree to the terms then I am not obligated to keep the truck. They are now requesting to redo the contract due to my full name not being spelled out. The credit union will not release payment until that is completed. Is the credit union not agreeing to the terms? There is no definition of the word "terms" on the contract to specify.

JETX

It has a conditional contract until the lending institution completes the transaction. In this conditional contract it states that if the lending insitution does not agree to the terms then I am not obligated to keep the truck. They are now requesting to redo the contract due to my full name not being spelled out. The credit union will not release payment until that is completed. Is the credit union not agreeing to the terms?
Nope. The credit union is simply requiring that you use your FULL AND CORRECT name prior to their loaning you the money.
Your name is NOT 'terms'. Terms in a purchase agreement are percentage rate, length of the loan and payments.

burleyville

Thank you. If I do not resign a new revised contract what happens to the old one? Does it become void without finacing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">