• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck refinance mess!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SS/Teve

Thank you for your advice. I refinanced my truck recently. I am in Arkansas. The truck had a balance of $13,000+. Chrysler Financial sent the first contract and it was errant. Then the phone harrassment started about non-payment. We were holding the cancelled check in our hands. The new contract arrived, and after weeks of phone calls, going through the dealer, etc. I thought everything was on track. Then last months statement did not arrive. When I called to check my account, I was informed the balance of $13,000+ was credited to my account and that my balance was $0. When I finally got in touch with a rep from Chrysler, I was informed to hold my payments til the matter was straightened out. It has been about 2 weeks and the balance is still $0. Can they make me withhold payments for a long period of time just to accommodate their incompetence. This could pose a financial hardship trying to pay a large amount at once. By the way, the finance company admitted fault for everything, including the harassing calls. I know I owe for this truck, but it seems I am being abused by this company to cover for their mistakes. Do I have any options, or just grin and bear the abuse. Thanks very much for your advice.
SS/Teve

K

Kelly143

Hold your payments, but don't spend the money. Set it aside in a separate account if possible. That way, it shouldn't cause financial hardship when things get settled. The money will be there waiting, just like if you sent in the payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">