+ Reply to Thread

Truck repair gone bad

New Mexico
    Two months ago I blew the engine on my truck. A mechanic installed a rebuilt engine supplied by Xx Auto Parts. I was charged $5600 and given a 3 year warranty, When I picked up the truck the check engine light was on and it kept on stalling whenever I came to a stop. The mechanic told me it was probably a defective engine and tried to have it replaced by Xxx. They refused to swap out the engine, The mechanic spent an additional $1200 trying to fix the engine, It has now been 8 weeks and I still do not have my vehicle back. What recourse do I have? My costs are really mounting.

Last edited by m martin; 01-09-2017 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Steppings View Post
    New Mexico
    Two months ago I blew the engine on my truck. A mechanic installed a rebuilt engine supplied by Xx Auto Parts. I was charged $5600 and given a 3 year warranty, When I picked up the truck the check engine light was on and it kept on stalling whenever I came to a stop. The mechanic told me it was probably a defective engine and tried to have it replaced by xxx They refused to swap out the engine, The mechanic spent an additional $1200 trying to fix the engine, It has now been 8 weeks and I still do not have my vehicle back. What recourse do I have? My costs are really mounting.
    You should not use real names on this forum. Your post has been reported to have the identifying information removed and should be returned to its place at the head of this thread when the editing is done.

What does your 3 year warranty cover?

Last edited by m martin; 01-09-2017 at 12:52 AM.
+ Reply to Thread