• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truegreen, do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samlooker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Facts:
I was their customer last year. I opted for pre-pay service when I signed up. On February and early March this year the company called me to renew service, I specifically told them I am not renewing the service, and asked them not to service my lawn. There are 2 telephone records showing the time the conversations occured (but I did not record the conversations).

Their words:
They serviced my lawn on mid-March this year and charging me $39 for the service. They claimed I never called to stop the plan until that service was performed. They said the conversations I mentioned above do not count (as canceling), because it was there representatives called me and during those calls I asked them not to renew, not that I called them to ask not to renew, and in the contract (probably in a fine-print I signed a year ago) sates customers need to call in to cancel service, otherwise it keeps renewing itself.

My words:
1. When I obtained the service last year, I chose pre-pay service and told them I only use the service I already paid for, no any other ones. This one is not in my pre-pay package, and I did not choose it, so I should not pay for it.
2. When this year thay called me, I explained clearly on the phone I do not renew, and that should count. How come when they called and asked me to renew, if I say yes, that counts as a renew, but if I say no, that doesn't count as a no renew? Is this a deceptive practice? And during the calls no one explain to me I need to call to cancel.

I want to give them a lesson. Can I suit them for harrasing me (keep sending me the bill), deceptive practice, or something like that? Can I ask for punity damages (for my time and stress suffered)?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">