• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tuition contract issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rasotis

Hello. I live in California. I enrolled my son in a private high school back East. I traveled there to enroll him and was given a contract to sign that says I have to pay a full year tuition, even if my sons leaves. I signed it and pay on a monthly basis. So with 3 months to go, the school discharges him due to a rule violation. They want me to keep paying tuition for the next three months. What legal recourses do I have to avoid paying the rest of the tuition? Thanks for any info!

L

loku

Read the contract carefully. It gives you your rights and liabilities. If the discharge due to a rule violation is valid under the contract terms, then you are stuck with the payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">