• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tuition contract at private school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VRS

I am required to sign a tuition contract to assure spots for my children at the local Catholic elementary school. The contract states that if you move (30mi) or experience a serious event (death, layoff) then you will not be held accountable for tuition. The contract also states there is a arbitration committee to appeal to in the event you want to withdraw a child and stop paying tuition in cases other than the reasons above. This arbitration committee does not exist.

What bothers me about this contract is that it defines what they expect from me, but does not address any of what I can expect in exchange for paying tuition (class size, staff/student ratio, curriculum).

Is it enforceable? Can they hold me to paying the tuition if I elect to withdraw my children because the class size is too large (50% larger than last year)?

My state is North Carolina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">