• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TV SET FAILED FIRST DAY, 3 months ago, Cannot Get Replacement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state FL

I bought an major brand 27in TV set in mid Jan 2005. One week after the picture became fuzzy, the store would not take it back and gave me the number of the local repair contractor. He diagnosed the problem as a bad picture tube. During the course of taking the TV apart the repairman accidently scuffed the plastic lower front of the TV, this scuff is small now but it is very visable and will get worse each time the TV is moved. The repairman said the part needed to be ordered, I call 2 weeks later to inquire about the status and get a callback from the repairman wanting the serial number and model number of my TV. Weeks pass and at the end of FEB I call and yes the picture tube has arrived but DAMAGED and another would have to be ordered. I mentioned the scuff caused by the repairman and the service manager was very cagey about it. I was so upset I had my attorney from Pre-Paid legal send the TV set maker a letter on Feb 28 demanding the replace the TV. They have ignored the letter, when I called my law firm they said I should just file a suit in small claims court. On Mar 24 the repair facility called and said the TUBE has at last arrived almost 3 months after I bought the TV and they wanted to pick up the TV to install the new tube. I am so ANGRY at this point I no longer want a replacement TV or a repair , I want a refund of my purchase price. I tried calling the TV maker's consumer number and all you get are people who do not have the authority to do anything but arrange for repairs etc. I need to know is the law on my side if I demand a refund?. Should I file suit. It seems like such a waste of everyone's time. I cannot believe this TV maker is being so stubborn over a 27in TV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">