• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx.. I Think My House is Paid off..but??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lkmisty

will make this short..Purchased house for 29,000. 5/1984..on land contract..could not get a loan in 92..so an extension of real estate note and lien was given..which stated..20,165.36 was the unpaid principal & Intertest left oweing..so 1992 (20,165.35)@ $350. per month with 11% interest on the unpaid balance per annum..tried for years to get some paper showing what my balance is..My bank did a amortization schedule..was informed that my house should be paid off. Payment is due in a week..I dont know if I shoud send it out..or not!..HELP!..feels im being SCREWED!..(sorry for my language) thanks for your time.. (I Live in Texas)
Kerry

HomeGuru

At year end every year, the Seller should have given you a 1099 for tax purposes indicating how much interest you paid the Seller for the year. You also should have received a statement indicating the year end principal balance.
There is a way to calculate this from your payments but you need to know how many years the principal amount was amortized over from the time of the extension.

L

lkmisty

The seller NEVER sent me a 1099..but. a few times she told
me what interest I did pay..nothing in writing.so the years I could not get any info on this..I used the same amount when I had my taxes done...I did receive ONE time a statement of what I paid. She had her bank take care of the payments.. from 10/84 to 10/91..she then informed me.that she would be handeling this..The new contract was extended in 1992. The amount I owe they state on this new contract was $20,165.36 and the interest would be the same as before.. 11% annum. and my monthly payments were 350.00..since the extended contract its been a total of 9yrs and two months =110 months.. What ever way I try to figure it out..It seems to me that my house is..or Has been paid off..The last four yrs..I have been trying to find out how much is owed on my house..every time I sent in my house payment..I enclosed a Nice note..asking them to Please tell me what my balance is that I would get a loan to pay it of..but Nothing..can anyone at lease give me an idea if I might be right..and that my house is or has been paid off and what I can do? payment is do on the 26th..and I dont know if I should mail it in..thanks for your time..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Let's assume, at this point, that your house is now paid in full. The former owner is non-communicative, and is failing to sign the contract off as having been paid in full, and further, is failing to sign the deed over to you.

This is now a breach of contract matter.

The only way for you to know about your loan, at this juncture, is to sue the woman for "Partition", for "Contractual Bad Faith", for "Accounting", for "Breach of Contract" and for "Damages"

That should get her attention real quick. So, before you make any further payments, see an attorney who specializes in Real Property and / or Contract law to get the ball rolling immediately.

IAAL

L

lkmisty

Thank you so much for your time..Know of a good attorney in the Houston area?..

Thanks Again for your imput..there needs to be more sites
likes this..take care

Kerry

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lkmisty said:
"..there needs to be more sites like this."
My response:

Why ?

Just kidding. You're entirely welcome and I hope you come back to let us know what you're going to do, what you've found out from an attorney, and the final episode or outcome.

Interesting situation.

IAAL

L

lkmisty

well..after Ive purchased a new wig..(from pulling my hair out over this) I will let you know what happens..I am sure Im not the first person this has happened to..and I surely dont want anyone to have to go through this. The American Dream is to have a House paid off..and Im hopeing my dream has finally come true..Youve been a great help..and I thank you..will keep you informed..
Take Care

Kerry

L

lkmisty

I'm back..I sent the person im buying house from a certified letter..stateing that I would like to know the amount oweing on house..what went on principle..and what went on interest..and gave them 10 days from date of letter to reply..well a week later they called.stateing they were sending what info they had to their cpa.On Sat. 7-28-01
I received a paper..with not cpa's name or address on it..its something a person can download off line..anyways..all thats on this paper is an amount they say is from last yr..4,805.75. Then whom ever did this paper. found an amortization schedule and figured it out from there..the exact same numbers...In 97. land lady (her son is suppose to be taking care of her affairs now) wrote on one of my checks I sent her that my balance was 13,368. which doesnt match the amortization schedule..Heres my question..lets say I paid this idiot..sorry..meant person the 2,604.33that.. THEY say I still owe..even thou I think they are still screwing..(sorry again) with me..can I take them to court even after Ive paid them?..I still feel I dont owe them this much..or any..Afraid att. fees would run me more than I owe....Thanks again for your time..

L

lkmisty

Boy..your fast! *g*..And that is suppose to scare them into ???..Isnt what he is doing illegaL? I mean..he comes up with a figure ..not showing me the yrs I have paid in?..this paper he sent me isnt even signed by anyone..no names on it..How does one go about proveing he had it sent to me?..sorry..for so many questions..but my mind is really going now..thanks!

L

lkmisty

Really sorry..but how do I get him to sign off the deed? him and his mom are on it as lein holders..im really sorry for all these questions..thanks for your time..going to find some aspirins now.. ty

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You keep coming up with new facts each time. I've already told you what you need to do. If you don't want to follow my suggestion, then just sit there, looking at pieces of papers, popping aspirins, and feeling dumbfounded.

I can't help you any more. No one can.

Then next step is up to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">