• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S. Code if Bank falsifies a document?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

neverwilllearn

I need a Code badly or a law... help please if you can.

Breifyly, the Bank indicated on the home equity loan I signed that the Fair Market value on my house was $117,000. When I was interested in selling my home I found that I would only be able to get about $105,000 max. and that was a maybe. I wrote the bank requesting how they determined the fair market value. Finally, after 3 request and 9 months later I got the appraisal from the company they used.. Shock of all shocks... the appraiser Stated .. and it is in black and white.. that the estimated market Value was ONLY $103,000!!! The Bank falsified the contract. This is important because in Texas the sum of the 1st and 2nd mortgage cannot be over 80% of the Fair Market Value. The Bank could not have made the loan by using the $103,000 so they used $117,000 to make the loan appear to be valid under the Texas Constitution.

I have found all kinds of US codes if a consumer uses fraund when making a statement on a contrac and I have the Texas 80% rule codet but I simply cannot find a US code if A Bank falsifies a contract presented to a consumer.

Your help is appreciated.

N

neverwilllearn

Yes, but....

Yes Sir, I am following your advice to check out the sites, but I didn't think they would have U.S. Cornell law school type Codes.... but I'm headed for those sites to check them out..... thanks

HomeGuru

Re: Yes, but....

neverwilllearn said:
Yes Sir, I am following your advice to check out the sites, but I didn't think they would have U.S. Cornell law school type Codes.... but I'm headed for those sites to check them out..... thanks
My response: that's why people hire lawyers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">