• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAW FROM CHECKING ACCOUNT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KIM_N

Hi my name is Kim and I live in Virginia. I have checked out some of the questions on the web site but I haven't found something quite like what I have. Last month I borrowed money to payoff some credit card debts. At first I was going to have the funds withdrawn electronically from my checking account so I called and set it up. But then after my husband and I discussed it, it sounded more logical to send cashier checks and have the physical proof of payment with us. So I called and asked if there was any way that the transfer could be stopped and they guaranteed me that there would be no problem and they would take care of it. Unfortunately, they received the cashier's check on 5-30-01 and also deducted the funds from my checking account after they told me they wouldn't. Now I have approximately 30-35 checks that have bounced as a result of this and the NSF fees from the bank and local businesses I have over $900.00 that I must pay. I have already spoken with the credit card service that did this and they said they would put the original amount back into my account but would not be held responsible for the NSF fees or anything else other than that. They are now saying they have no record of me or husband calling to cancel the transaction. I just feel that if they are willing to take responsibility for the amount they withdrew then they are admitting that they are at fault. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it! Thanks to whoever reads this and atleast tries to help. I am literally at my wits end.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">