• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undercharged for a television

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryresangel

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband and I bought a television last night. Despite the 1 and a half hours it took to get it from the back to the front, they first loaded the wrong one into the car. They went back for the other, voided the first one and then charged us for the second one. It showed the same price as the first, but we paid it no matter. Today I received a call from the store. They had charged us the wrong price for the television by about 1000 dollars. Morals of the story aside, are they able to legally force us to pay the difference? The payment was made by credit card, so does my signature count as basically a contract for that price? Thank you!

shortbus

Your signature on the credit card is a contract with the credit card company, not the store. If you agreed to buy the TV at a certain price and they undercharged you by mistake, yes you have to pay the difference.

djohnson

Although I agree, just wondering if there was any contract signed about the type of TV and the purchase price. A valid argument could be that it was the price quoted for that TV, ofcourse, that is with morals aside.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">