• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfinished work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diazal

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK STATE, item in question is at CONNECTICUT STATE

About 1.5 years ago, I had a car delivered by tow to CT state to have it worked on. I spoke with the owner and he agreed to work on the car ...a few weeks later i asked for an estimate as I was working with a budget..answer : not to worry that he will ascertain the work needed and involved and would let me know.

After various attempts at getting an estimate, never got one although the car was being worked on and being repaired. I also sent them two parts needed as well via FEDEX.. ..i would let a week or two go by and call ..each time they were still working on the car as the claimed they were overrun with labor and no workers..The car was promised to be ready for me on 2 separate occasions.

Up until now. I have not heard any different from them///do i have any recourse ? I have the title and paperwork on the car.
Would I be able to get the car back as is and not be binded to pay ?

Last edited:

djohnson

If you have been waiting for a year and a half to get your car back from being fixed I'm wondering why you haven't done anythign before now? Is there more to this story? Is it just to fix or to restore or something more entailed?

D

diazal

HI there...thanks for the response....one of the reasons that it took so long was that the auto shop took about 3 weeks to get back to me intially on the work needed to be done...the main part was the dash and interior wiring needed to be done. The owner claimed he was the only one trained enough to do this and would need to work on it on his free moments...the other issues were taken care of on the car by his team of mechanics. However each time i called, he claimed he did some of the work but needed more time since he was busy with other cars coming in, shortness of staff and sometimes he was off to trade shows...this at the time was acceptable to me since i told him i needed the car in 3 months time as i was moving. As the deadline drew near nothing changed except that he was almost done. He promised the car would be ready for me on 2 separate occasions and prior to picking the car up when i called....i was told not ready yet.

Through all this towards the end ,..i kept asking for the pricing or an estimate..to which he told me not to worry about it as i have been patient and he will not charge me a lot/negotiable.

i am sending a letter to them via certified mail as i could never get anything in writing from them and have only "words" to lean back on which is nothing at all./

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">