• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Union contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chance-d

I work for the Railroad and of course I am in a Union and we have a written agreement with the company.These agreements are filled with rules as to how we are called to work , how we are payed ..etc. Any violation of these agreements result in penalty claims that has the company pay us for violating our agreements. Normally we submit penalty claims for a basic days pay when the copany is in violation of the agreement.
However, because Ronald Reagan made it illegal for railroad workers to go on strike, the company is getting very bold in ignoring our agreements and also refusing to pay us for the violations that they place on us. Of course these types of problems are to be handled thru the union and arbitraters, however..the union does little or nothing to get our money for us. Some workers have thousands of dollars they are cheated out of because the comany refuses to pay and the union is weak about it to say the least.
I have often wandered. What if a REAL Lawyer could get our agreement book and take the company to court for not paying us for their violations of the contract. Could that be done, or is there law that prevents a union worker from going thru a regular lawyer vs going thru his union and arbitraters?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">