• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University Confiscation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

uglynerd

I know this is a strange question but I was just wondering if anyone knew the answers. I am in a college in florida and in a random search public safety officers found 3 or my airsoft guns I was temporarily storing in them. However, one of the pending options they claim they have at their disposal is to permanently confiscate these three items. I was wondering if that was a possibility that they truly have at their disposal. It doesnt seem like a true likelihood becuase the items are in fact my property and it would seem strange if they would be able to repossess it.

HomeGuru

iginally posted by uglynerd [/i]
I know this is a strange question but I was just wondering if anyone knew the answers. I am in a college in florida and in a random search public safety officers found 3 or my airsoft guns I was temporarily storing in them. However, one of the pending options they claim they have at their disposal is to permanently confiscate these three items. I was wondering if that was a possibility that they truly have at their disposal. It doesnt seem like a true likelihood becuase the items are in fact my property and it would seem strange if they would be able to repossess it. [/QUOTE]

**A: if the search was on school property, yes, they have a right to take your guns.

U

uglynerd

well i understand about the guns themselves, but there was also about 800 dollars worth of stuff "destroyed" with the guns that were not illegal. frs radios, clothing, books, etc all related to airsoft but completely legal under university law. is that under their juridiction or are they liable for any of that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">