• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University of Phoenix Tuition non-disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chrisrj1971

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I just completed my MBA at the University of Phoenix. When I enrolled I was active military living in Guam and the recruiter stated that my course of study would cost $260 per credit hour with the resource fees waived. After my first class I relocated to Washington State and the University responded by raising my tution by over 120%.

The University did not disclose my tuition rate was contingent on residing overseas. The University of Phoenix has floating tuition rates that are impossible to understand and terms that are not disclosed to the student. I have requested a copy of my enrollment paperwork and would like to file a lawsuit to recover the $8,000 in increased tuition expenses. Had the terms been disclosed in advance I never would have enrolled.

I complained to the University and BBB and received the following response:

"The campus administration has confirmed that the University offered a contracted per credit hour rate of $260.00 (overseas rate) to Military ID card holders residing in the Asia Pacific Area at the time of your enrollment. This rate is contingent upon the student’s maintaining the same duty station at the time of enrollment. Students returning to the US are no longer eligible to receive the contact tuition rate."What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

So you want to sue because you don't like the University's tuition policy? Your chances of winning are slim and none and slim is on his way out of town.

I take it business law wasn't part of your MBA program?

(And never get a degree from a "for profit" university, their reputations put black marks on the degree)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">