• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unofficial Transcript

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Student75

New York

When submitting an unofficial college transcript for an internship, if I received an F in a class my first semester, then retook the same class a semester later and earned a B, can I replace the "F" for "Retook Class" in the first semester record?, or is this fraudulent?

swalsh411

It's not illegal if that is what you're asking. It's certainly not ethical however and if they find out they may end your internship.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You COULD write in a note next to the "F" to explain it...but removing it is definitely unethical and *MAY* be illegal, depending on the purposes of the transcript.

Antigone*

New York

When submitting an unofficial college transcript for an internship, if I received an F in a class my first semester, then retook the same class a semester later and earned a B, can I replace the "F" for "Retook Class" in the first semester record?, or is this fraudulent?
I would never hire or consider someone for a position who altered a document. Get a new unofficial transcript that shows the class with the higher grade.

As a hiring manager I would have respect for the person who was not afraid of their shortcomings expecially when they took steps to turn things around. I woud certainly question the character of a person who did exactly what you are intending to do.

Just my two cents... clink... clink...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">