• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid account.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SJ_Montreal

What is the name of your state? Quebec.

Im a young owner of a small auto garage.
A customer dropped a car off a few weeks ago. All agreements were verbal, there wasnt any written or signed documents authorizing work or anything like that, because we're currently updating our system, and I have never had any problems untill now.

When the car was finished, we had parked it in front of the shop.
The car was gone the next day, I called the customer and he admitted he drove off with the car during the night, and told me he'd pay me "next week". its a $1700 bill.

All I have is the persons name (which is an extremely common name in quebec), license plate number, serial number of the car, and cell phone number.

I tried getting his address through his cell number, but the cell phone company isnt authorized to give out this information.
I have his license plate number, as well as invoices with the serial number of the car, however Im not sure how to get information as to where this person lives so I at least have an address if I have to go to court.

Would the police help me out with this issue? and even if I get to go to court, how can I prove that he authorized me to do work? would the invoices for parts be enough?

Im sorry for the long post, and my ignorance as far as law is concerned, but Ive never had any problems like this ever before.

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">