• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Daycare Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lwright

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
I operate an in home daycare and am having difficulties with a parent. When I begin caring for a child parents sign an agreement stating that payment is due to me each Monday for that week's services and in the event the child leaves my daycare, a two week written notice is required as is payment for those two weeks. I let this policy slide a bit and this particular parent was one week behind in payment when the family went on vacation (payment is still required during this week of vacation) The family is back from vacation yet has not shown up, nor called, for the first two days of this week. I placed a call yesterday and requested that if they will not be bringing the child to daycare they at least provide me the courtsey of a phone call. I also inquired about the following day - would the child be here and would the two weeks payment be provided. The answer was yes. However, the child never showed up for daycare. What are my options? Collections, if so, how do I go about it? Can I hold this woman to owing me pay until she actually provides me with my two weeks written notice even if it doesn't happen until several weeks down the road? Any advice is surely appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">