• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unresponsive Architect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewfMom

What is the name of your state? Missouri

In June 2005 we signed a proposal/contract for plans to be drawn up by an architect. We had several meetings with the architect and were ready to have construction plans created so we could approach financial institutions for funding of the project in September 2005. Our verbal agreement was that his fees would come out of the construction loan. We paid a $600 good faith deposit on October 1, 2005, in person, and were told the drawings would be ready the following week. We have not been able to get them. The last contact from the architect was November 18th and we still have no plans from him. According to the proposal/contract we can terminate at any time, so I have sent an email stating that we are officially terminating the contract and are happy to pay the balance on the last invoice we received (August 15, 2005) for the AutoCAD file of the drawings as completed on that date. We do have very low resolution PDFs of the plans that are not useable for anything but rudimentary review. We have attempted to to contact this person by email, phone and in person. What are my options?
The original design was done be me and the architect was hired to correct any problems in them. I am very pleased with his work.
He also has my file of ideas regarding the house and other information that I want back.
Do I have to pay him any thing more if he doesn't supply the plans and how long do I have to wait?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">