• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unreturnable item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? texas

first off, is this the corrrect forum. if not which is the correct one?

I have purchased a new playstation2 on sat. I still have the reciept and the box is still sealed and never been open. i purchased the item at a local gamestop.

I was told my the sales person that the ps2 i was buying contain new futures, that were all the buzz on the internet. After purchasing it and reading the box i learned that it was still a normal playstation2 without the features. I tried to return it today, and the manager told me that they could only exchange the system for another game system. This is due to the company policy on exchange for the video game system. It does clearly say on the reciept that video games system and only be echanged for video games system. there is no mention before the sale though. you have to wait till after you buy it to find that out.

I feel kind of cheated that i can't return it because i bought under the impression that it was a different item. shoudl i go raise some more heck there? The manager to did mention that he didn't have anymore in his draw to do the exchange either.

bovine

racer72

You should have read the box before you bought it, not after. Return and exchange policies are controlled by the retailer, there is no law that requires them to offer returns or exchanges. Maybe you can find a buyer that will be willing to buy it from you.

You should have read the box before you bought it, not after. Return and exchange policies are controlled by the retailer, there is no law that requires them to offer returns or exchanges. Maybe you can find a buyer that will be willing to buy it from you.
yeah i learned my lesson i guess... thanx :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">