• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsigned contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stevedurban

What is the name of your state? MI

I am being sued by a rental company for some equiptment that was rented by a subcontractor of mine who had possession of my credit card but no authority to use it for any other purpose by to purchase gas.

He signed the rental agreement and put his address and driver's license number. However, they are sueing me because he used my credit card to rent the property.

After learning that he had rented this equiptment I reported the card stolen.

I go to trial and I cannot find any case law regarding this issue.

Any help would be greatful!! :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stevedurban said:
What is the name of your state? MI

I am being sued by a rental company for some equiptment that was rented by a subcontractor of mine who had possession of my credit card but no authority to use it for any other purpose by to purchase gas.

He signed the rental agreement and put his address and driver's license number. However, they are sueing me because he used my credit card to rent the property.

After learning that he had rented this equiptment I reported the card stolen.

I go to trial and I cannot find any case law regarding this issue.

Any help would be greatful!! :)

My response:

You're on the hook. Every heard of "Principle / Agent" law?

Well, you'll find out in trial.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">