• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdw8346

mississippi

i talked to a customer service representative about a debt reduction program. the next thing i knew, they had drafted my bank account for $485.00!!! can they do this? i never signed and agreement or contract.:confused:

Last edited:

JETX

You must have done more than talk with them. After all, how would they get your bank account and routing information.

Please detail what you signed and what you gave them. Did you meet with them in person??

Also, contact your bank and find out under what authority did they draft your account?? Let them know that you did not give any authority and demand that the return your money to you. They have a contractual fidcuciary responsibility to handle your money properly and with security. Handing your money out without your authorization is a breach of that contract.

G

gdw8346

i was faxed a contract. after reading it, i decided against it, so i tore it up. i never signed anything. i went to the bank and signed an affidavit stating that i had not authorized a draft. the money was returned to my account the next day. i wanted to know if it was legal for them to draft an account when they did not have a signed agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">