• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned documents under a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

D. Sherm

What is the name of your state? California
I have a contract with a firm to refinish the exterior of my house. (The work is underway.) Three of the documents asssociated with the contract, all having spaces for the contractor to sign, remain
unsigned by them. One, an agreement for binding arbitration, was signed by me at the time of the opening of the contract, but not by their rep. (I didn't notice until afterward.) The other two are certificates of warranty issued by the maker of the materials being used, but mailed to me by the contractor, with no cover letter or other document. My question is, are these valid documents as they stand, or do I have to demand that the contractor sign them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">