• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned Purchase agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cchamberland

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband and I recently entered into a purchase agreement to purchase a travel trailer from a dealer and found that we need to cancel the agreement. We put down 2000.00 twards the purchase.

The purchase agreement that we signed clearly states "not valid unless signed and accepted by an officer or authorized agent of the company" - and it wasn't signed by the them, just us, the purchasers.

Does that mean that the purchase agreement isn't valid and we have the right to a full refund, or can they still hold 10% as it states in their agreement?

cchamberland

additional info

Yea that’s what I figured, even though ours is a carbon duplicate, I figured that they could still sign theirs.

One more quick thing though, we were purchasing a brand new 2005, and on our purchase agreement, it says brand new 2004 - if we ask them to produce a 2004, with that VIN number, and they can't, isn't that breach of contract on their end?

Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">