• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unused Membership Cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

falks79

Denver, CO
Is there anything I could do to back out of a membership contract if the membership has never been used and I decide I don't want to be a member anymore? I signed up for a membership through a company that promised to save me money on retail costs on anything I wanted to buy. Everytime I go there to find out their price on things, they are priced higher than retail and they want me to pay shipping and handling charges on top of it. During the tour they gave me, they showed me about hundred things that they could purchase for me at prices more than 50% lower than in stores. They also told me that the catalogs were the same way, but that isn't true. It was a hoax to get me to sign up for their membership, and I fell for it. Is their anything I can do?? I can't afford it anymore and they want to take me to court to collect their money. Also, I re-read the contract and no where in the contract does it say that I will be buying merchandise at wholesale prices. Basically its a contract saying I will pay them this amount of money for nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">