• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwanted playset

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jannyfanny60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Hi, I dont know if I'm in the right place to post, but here goes;
I got a outside playset for my son back in June 08. When it was
delivered, I decided I was not happy with the product, I called the
place where I purchased it and left messages with the company
as the guy who sold it to me wouldnt return my calls. Next thing I know
there is a finance company calling me and saying my payment is overdue,
I told them I talked to them the other day and she said I would have to send
them a dispute letter, so I did. Needless to say they called the company I bought
the playset from, and they told them theyve never heard from me, ( thats because
they wouldnt take my calls). I never signed a contract, only a paper to run a credit
check is what the guy said, Then he said my credit came back good. I called the finance
co. and told them not to send them any money as I was in dispute and didnt want the play
set. Now, the finance company is saying there is nothing wrong with the playset and I must pay, even after I sent them photos! And now there saying I have to pay a 21%!
What the heck, I need advise, Please, What can I do? Oh, the finance co. said the other company did tell them they would come out and spray some chemicals on the rubber
mulch they laid down and guarantee no grass growth! Right! I dont want my kids and family kids rolling around in chemicals! Please Advise, Do I have any rights here?
Thanks, JannWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, you lied to the finance company about the dispute huh? You never talked to the selling company.

My advice? Pay as you agreed. If there IS something wrong, you can expect them to fix it within the terms of their warranty. Beyond that, you seem to have "buyer's remorse"

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Hi, I dont know if I'm in the right place to post, but here goes;
I got a outside playset for my son back in June 08. When it was
delivered, I decided I was not happy with the product, I called the
place where I purchased it and left messages with the company
as the guy who sold it to me wouldnt return my calls. Next thing I know
there is a finance company calling me and saying my payment is overdue,
I told them I talked to them the other day and she said I would have to send
them a dispute letter, so I did. Needless to say they called the company I bought
the playset from, and they told them theyve never heard from me, ( thats because
they wouldnt take my calls). I never signed a contract, only a paper to run a credit
check is what the guy said, Then he said my credit came back good. I called the finance
co. and told them not to send them any money as I was in dispute and didnt want the play
set. Now, the finance company is saying there is nothing wrong with the playset and I must pay, even after I sent them photos! And now there saying I have to pay a 21%!
What the heck, I need advise, Please, What can I do? Oh, the finance co. said the other company did tell them they would come out and spray some chemicals on the rubber
mulch they laid down and guarantee no grass growth! Right! I dont want my kids and family kids rolling around in chemicals! Please Advise, Do I have any rights here?
Thanks, JannWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Some Random Guy

When it was delivered, I decided I was not happy with the product
So you aren't saying it was defective or broken by the delivery company or you just decided you didn't like it? That's not a valid reason for cancelling the sale or payment plan. Pay your bill.

Oh, the finance co. said the other company did tell them they would come out and spray some chemicals on the rubber mulch they laid down and guarantee no grass growth! Right! I dont want my kids and family kids rolling around in chemicals!
First, if you don't want chemicals then feel free to enjoy the grass. Second, you can use herbicides and barriers to prevent most vegetation growth. This can be done safely by giving the herbicides a few days to break down after applyin before you let you children play there. Read up on the chemicals before applying so you know what you are getting.

Now, the finance company is saying there is nothing wrong with the playset and I must pay, even after I sent them photos!
Why are you arguing this with the finance company? They didn't sell you the playset. They just paid the selling company they money and expect you to pay them as agreed.

jannyfanny60

I never LIED to the finance company, they are the ones who told me to send them a dispute letter. They said after talking to the playset company they felt that the dispute was
cleared up and started sending me the bills without even talking to Me. I sent photos of the grass growth(that was guaranteed NOT to grow threw the special multch I purchased for under the playset).& Photos of the cracked wood. I told them not to pay the playset co.
because I was not satisfied with the product. They paid anyways, It's a money thing! What
ever happened to the customer being happy? It's not about paying for it , It's about not being happy with the product! Guess you dont understand.:( I thought this was a place for
Legal Advise.
Jann in Michigan.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">